“Be the change you want to see in the world”
The Power of WE
WE can work together to make a difference. As a young person, your voice matters. We need your to help to learn what the issues are, help us spread the word and generate support of all kinds. The more people who know about our work, the more we create opportunities for children to go to school and have a better life.
The Power of ME
YOU can make all the difference in the world. Every great idea starts with a conversation, so start talking about education in Africa! You decide whom to talk to – it can be parents, friends, and teachers – amazing things can happen when you talk! If you follow these steps, you will be sure to make your ideas come to life.
1) Get Smarter
- Educate yourself about the issues in Africa and why the children are not going to school. Lack of resources is a lack of education, learn why it is important for these children to have basic essentials like water, clothing and food in order to become educated.
- Find out what is happening at Asante Africa through the stories on the right side of this page, or visit our News section on www.asanteafrica.org.
2) Shout it out for all to hear!
- Tell a friend or family member what you have learned. No matter how little or big you know, you are doing justice by helping us share to the world. Share our newsletter to spread the circle of awareness about our work. Like us on Facebook and share our stories with your friends.
- Write articles about education in Africa for your school newspaper or write a song about it for your band. Your voice can be heard through poems, stories and drama. Or why not take some photos or make your own video? Give a presentation at your school assembly or Youth Group – be a creative champion for Asante Africa!
3) Help another child in need
- Feeling like you want to do something personal to help, sponsor one of our children in Africa. Keep in contact with them, write letters, and help support them through school. Even a friendly hello helps them know that there is someone in the world who cares for them.
4) Take Action
- Put the ‘fun’ into fundraising and do something to raise money for schools in Africa. There are lots of ways that you can help and make a difference – just click on ‘Raise Funds Today’ for ideas and tips. Contact with us – we would love to host a presentation for a group and share our experiences and photos of Tanzania and Kenya.
Let us know what you’re up to and how we can help! Send us your stories, photos, videos and ideas. We love hearing about the fantastic things that you are doing to help give the gift of education to children in Africa. Let us know about any events that you are organizing so that we can celebrate you as an Asante Africa champion!